October Family Fun

My "trick" for today is simply a reminder...something we all know is beneficial but it often gets pushed aside in the chaos of day to day teaching.  The majority of parents want to be involved in their child's education.  However, with the ever increasing rigor it is becoming more difficult for parents to feel like they have a part in their child's education.

In order to help facilitate more parent involvement, I like to use monthly at-home projects.  The projects are seasonally themed and fun.  I want my parents to take the time to sit down with their child and complete the project together.  Hopefully, this will create a time where the parents will talk with their child and ask open ended questions about how school is going, what they are learning, etc.  
As an added treat, the finished product make adorable door decorations without any effort on your part...gotta love that!
Parents and kids both love these projects!  As a special treat I am making my October Family Project available as a FREEBIE!  Just click on the image below to download your own copy.



Bloglovin' Image Map

No comments

Back to Top